Municipal Heritage Site No. 59
Designation Date: February 14, 1991
Designation Authority: The R.M. of Rossburn
Present Owner: St. John Ruthenian Presbyterian Church
Location: NE 16-20-24W
With the arrival of thousands of immigrants to Manitoba in the late nineteenth century, established Canadian Churches—Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian—undertook to provide the newcomers with religious service, partly out of Christian charity, partly out of a desire to win adherents to their own faith. The Presbyterian Church found some success within the Ukrainian population. In the Inglis/Rossburn area, Ukrainian settlers were ministered by Reverend Bay and by 1929 had begun construction of their own church building. This fine structure, with its steeple and Gothic pointed windows, is completely Protestant in it forms and elements.
This building has been demolished.