Municipal Heritage Site No. 58
Designation Date: February 14, 1991
Designation Authority: The R.M. of Rossburn
Present Owner: Roman Catholic Archiepiscopal Corporation of Winnipeg
This handsome example of Roman Catholic church architecture was built in 1929 at a cost of $6,000. The building is set on a traditional basilica plan, with a long, tall nave. The tower is an especially fine piece of design, its various sections rising in modest steps and crowned with the tall spire. The building is enlivened by the use of the pointed arch for the windows and door. That particular feature is a characteristic of the Gothic Revival style, a popular expression for many church designs.