Town of Rossburn Incentive Program
Date: January / 25 / 2011
This program, which has seen some recent changes, has been in place for several years to encourage relocation to Rossburn which helps the community in various ways.
- Occupied homes help support infrastructure such as water and sewer;
- Contributes to tax roll;
- Increases provincial and federal funding;
- Supports local businesses.
It is available to:
- New families or individuals moving into the town of Rossburn who purchase or inherit a home and reside in it;
- Existing residents of Rossburn who become first time buyers and reside in that home;
- Any person(s) constructing a new home and residing in it;
- Persons establishing a new business or purchasing and operating an existing business.
Those qualifying will receive:
- For an existing residential property a grant to the property tax bill up to a maximum of:
- $500.00 in the first year of residency
- $400.00 in the second year of residency
- $300.00 in the third year of residency
- For a new home construction, a grant to the property tax bill up to a maximum of $1,500.00 per year for three consecutive years of residency.
- For each business start a grant equivalent to the property tax bill up to a maximum of $1,000.00 per year for four consecutive years and a $50.00 quarterly water bill credit for two years.
- $15.00 quarterly garbage pick-up fee credit for two years
- $100.00 credit for Rossburn Golf and Country Club for two years
- 2 curling memberships (value of $95) each for one year
- Annual family skating passes (value of $75) for two years.
Full details of qualification are available at the Town Office.